Nicholas (facebook.com/nicholas.abbey1 and LinkedIn at http://au.linkedin.com/pub/nicholas-abbey/31/296/a25) has worked as an executive officer, policy adviser, community organiser, researcher and consultant. Passionate about research, policies, partnerships and practical strategies focused on the future of education and schooling.
Key areas of school community interest, inquiry and activity include:
- Victorian Council of School Organisations (VICCSO) together with the proposed Great Schools Network and School Governance Network
- President of the Macleod P-12 College school council and president of the Baltara School school council. (Formerly president of the Kingsbury Primary School school council)
- Research and policy work around personalisation, digital tools, systemic change and performance improvement, networks and community in education and schooling
- Member of the Victorian State Government's Ministerial Advisory Council for a Multilingual and Multicultural Victoria
- Chaired the P-12 education research project (Country Education Project)
- Previously a member of the governing council of the Victorian Institute of Teaching
- Member of the Darebin Council Education Committee.