February 11, 2015
See our ten practical tips for improving school governance and ten useful tools. Positive feedback from school councils and principals about these tips. These ideas are a mix of both good practices that are do-able and ideals and aspirations that take time and support to develop. The ten tips are:
- Relate all school governance work to the school's purpose
- Be crystal-clear about roles, objectives, functions and powers
- Develop a workplan for policy, planning and reporting
- Promote awareness of personal skills and conduct
- Develop timely access to relevant information and data
- Plan in advance for building dialogue and managing conflict
- Use a set of easy practices to make all meetings productive
- Identify skills gaps and have a partnerships policy
- Have a communication plan to engage the community
- Build in routine reflection and improvement.
For more information, contact VICCSO on (03) 9429 5900 and at .
Posted by Nicholas Abbey | 0 comments | Read More