May 01, 2014
See our ten practical tips for improving governance in a school, ten useful tools, and school council Q&As. School councils use the ten tips to test how far they live up to these practices, and to develop practical actions for improvements. The Q&As cover the following key issues:
- Purpose and legal status of a council
- Composition of a council
- Becoming involved in a council
- Objectives, functions and powers
- Planning, policy, reporting and accountability
- Finance and budgets
- Office bearers, membership and casual vacancies
- The principal's and president's roles
- Meetings, minutes and standing orders
- Sub-committees and good practice.
For more information or to arrange training for your school council, don’t hesitate to contact us at (03) 9429 5900 and .
Posted by Nicholas Abbey | 0 comments | Read More