Learning community case study
June 12, 2016
The Nathalia Learning Community case study is recommended reading. This community involves:
- Nathalia Secondary College
- St Marys of the Angels Catholic Secondary College
- St Francis Primary School
- Nathalia Primary School
- Barmah Kindergarten and Occasional Care Centre
- Nathalia and District Pre School Centre.
The Nathalia Learning Community uses the concept of 'collaborative autonomy' – education organisations working and learning together with a shared purpose and common aims and objectives while retaining a sense of autonomy and uniqueness. It strives to:
- Place students at the centre of everything that the community does
- Build strong relationships between education organisations, between education and the broader community and between the Learning Community and key stakeholder groups
- Build a strong, resilient and sustainable 0-18+ years learning environment
- Develop and maintain a profile of education leaders in shared education provision.
Provides many insights that are relevant to all schools. For more information, contact Phil Brown, Executive Officer, Country Education Partnership, at and www.cep.org.au.